How to Protect and Beautify your pavers with Nulook®
Your pavers have faded with time and you wish to bring back their colour and class? Bring your pavers back to life with the NuLook® tinted Protector from Techniseal®
The NuLook® Protector allows you to change the colour of your pavers and will give the spectacular effect you are looking for. For optimal results, read entire label before using.
Here's how to protect and beautify your pavers in 3 easy steps.
● If necessary, remove all stains and contaminants (oil, rust, etc.) from the surface using the appropriate Techniseal® stain removers.
● The use of a stain remover is fairly easy; simply apply, scrub and rinse thoroughly. Read entire label before using.
Professional-Grade Oil & Grease Remover (141-591)
● Removes penetrated petroleum-based products
● Ideal for older, penetrated stains
● Dries from a liquid to a powder
Dirt & Grease Cleaner (141-511)
● Removes motor oil and grease (barbecue)
● Dissolves, dislodges and encapsulates grease
● Ideal for sealed surfaces and fresh stains
Organic-Stain Remover (141-502)
● Removes moss, mildew, dead leaves, wine, blood and non-greasy food stains
● Requires minimum scrubbing
Paint, Tar and Rubber Remover (141-541)
● Dissolves tire marks, paint, tar and chewing-gum
● Easy to rinse with water
Rust Remover (141-521)
● Removes stains caused by steel, rusted metal objects and fertilizers
● Does not contain hydrochlorid acid
● This step is essential to obtain an optimal result, to ensure a uniform look and to allow the Protector to better penetrate the surface.
● Concrete pavers: Clean the entire surface by removing all efflorescence and ground-in dirt with the Pre-Seal Cleaner from Techniseal®. Read label before using.
● Poured concrete: Clean the entire surface with the Hardscape Cleaner from Techniseal®. Read label before using.
Regular maintenance: To keep surfaces looking good at all times, clean them periodically with the Hardscape Cleaner from Techniseal®. Read label before using.
Pre-Seal Cleaner (141-534)
● Dislodges efflorescence and ground-in dirt
● Prepares pavers prior to protector application
● Brightens up the colour of pavers
Hardscape Cleaner (141-503)
● Dislodges ground-in dirt and brightens up colours
● For routine maintenance
IMPORTANT: Once you have chosen the Protector, test the product on a small inconspicuous area of approximately 0.4 m2 (4 sq. ft.) to ensure the results will meet your expectations.
● Read entire label before using.
● Protect vegetation and surfaces that must not be treated, such as vehicules, concrete, walls, etc. Do not apply to natural stone or to wet-cast pavers or stamped concrete.
● Pavers must be clean, porous and warm to the touch before applying the Protector. No rain should be forecasted over the next 24 hours.
● Shake container or stir product before and during use. Do not trim. Work in sections of no more than 4.6 m2 (50 sq. ft.).
● Work in sections of no more than 4.6 m2 (50 sq. ft.). Using the sprayer, saturate the surface with a coat of protector. With the roller, remove excess on the surface before it dries. Repeat for subsequent sections, maintaining a wet edge in order to prevent overlap marks.
● For a darker colour and a higher gloss, apply a second coat. Wait until the first coat is dry (+/- 4 hours), then apply a second coat following the same method.
● Ideal application temperature: Between 10°C and 30°C.
Traffic: Pedestrian: 24 h. - Vehicular: 48 to 72 h. Block access during that period.
Cleaning: Tools and skin can be cleaned with soap and water.
A World of Colour Possibilities
Pavers provide an excellent foundation for the exterior layout of your house. They are a safe investment because they add considerable value to your property. However, like any exterior surface, pavers are exposed to weathering, salt and dirt that can accelerate their discolouration and deterioration. NuLook® is a revolutionary tinted sealant made from acrylic, urethane and nanocrystal pigments. This semi-transparent coating is designed to change the colour of pavers or poured concrete. It is ideal for rejuvenating older pavers that have suffered the effects of time and neglect. Like all Techniseal® Protectors, NuLook® offers optimal protection against weathering and staining.
Change the Colour of Your Pavers
Give Some Colour to Your Poured Concrete Surfaces
Poured concrete is not immune against deterioration and fading caused by weathering and daily traffic. NuLook® is also the perfect solution to restore and change the colour of poured concrete surfaces such as driveways, walkways, etc.
If repairs have been made on the concrete or if surface is unevenly porous, it is recommended to apply a coat of Natural Look (EV) Protector (141-304) before applying a single coat of the NuLook® of your choice. This will help hide some of the shade discrepancies and leave a more uniform colour.